Hoping for another Warmachine game (soon) decision was made to save another pair of Deathrippers from unpainted-purgatory. Just like before I used "olive green" color combo. I like it much more then dark metal tone I used to paint before. To distinguish new guys they got Chaos star decals on side. That symbol is pretty universal, so it fits anything (Cryx included). I think I should rather use white decal instead of red. Might re-do it with brush to make it bit more striking.
Back days Iron Lich Asphxious leading herd of Death Chickens was really nasty thing to deal with: before Cryx spells got nerfed, Bonejacks were used to slam straight into the enemy and then to channel Breath of corruption at point blank range. More less. Under new rules I don't think these buggers could be any threat (they also run slower now) but these look damn cool so it''s just matter of time to field necro-poultry force!
From what I can see I still have 2 models waiting for proper painting - these are oldie nightwretches painted ages ago. They will be washed and paint to keep standard of rest of the army. After that I hope to paint something from Necromunda range - I'm getting pretty sick of that goddamn olive tone on every model ^^
So below - the herd at current stage. The one far right is slightly bigger model - it's based on plastic model upgraded with killa kan's crushing claw. I use these two models with converted heads as Ripjaws - in theory these are better version of classic Deathrippers, but I don't think I've ever seen them inflicting those legendary critical damage on enemy warjacks...
From what I can see I still have 2 models waiting for proper painting - these are oldie nightwretches painted ages ago. They will be washed and paint to keep standard of rest of the army. After that I hope to paint something from Necromunda range - I'm getting pretty sick of that goddamn olive tone on every model ^^
So below - the herd at current stage. The one far right is slightly bigger model - it's based on plastic model upgraded with killa kan's crushing claw. I use these two models with converted heads as Ripjaws - in theory these are better version of classic Deathrippers, but I don't think I've ever seen them inflicting those legendary critical damage on enemy warjacks...
Excellent work on the latest two, and a pair more off the pile. I always liked the look of the Cryx.
ReplyDeleteCheers! Yeah, Cryx (oldie, metal Cryx that is) had brilliant sculpts. Sadly after they switched to plastic (or whatever that crap is) models are no fun anymore. Glad I still have some purchased during Warmachine's golden age 😉
ReplyDeleteLooking definitely awesome! The title got me kind of confused at first! XD
ReplyDeleteIron Lich mains rise up! I always thought he was a better demo caster than Deneghra - he plays fair, none of that "you're debuffed to hell and there's an extra hidden layer of debuffs but you can still try to do stuff" feelsbad, just raw damage potential. Sweet model too - both of them.
ReplyDelete