Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Blast from the past (1942)

This time it's just quick time-travelling update:

Today I dropped it my parents' home.
We were chatting about nothing special and I mentioned that apparently I lost some weight because new trousers almost fall off my ass when I walk. So I said I gotta get myself a belt.

My mom mentioned somewhere around there still should be my grandfather's belt, which he got long time ago together with US supplies (he was fighting during world war II). 
We checked the drawers and there it was!
It's nothing special: old and worn but it's not just "a belt", it's piece of history!
According to information pressed on the inside it was made in 1942 is United States by SCHNELL LEATHER GOODS CO. INC.

So from this day I am proudly wearing 78 years old piece of clothing!

Thank you, grandpa!  


5 comments:

  1. Wow, very interesting travel in the past post ^^

    An american leather company named "Schnell" ("fast" in german language) in 1942... Very funny indeed XD

    Serviteur,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fasten your belts! LoL

      Great finding. If your pants sag the best option is to walk like you are kind of psichically impaired and people will be fin thinking you are into rap.

      It works for me and actually haven't to pretend too hard. :v

      The belt looks ace, and knowing it was what holded stuff in place to keep your grandpa's nuts warm sure has to feel special.

      I'd be proud of wearing it.

      Delete
    2. @javi: I am actually ;-)

      Proud, that is, not into rap thing.
      Well, maybe except for oldschool, hardcore stuff like Bodycount... :-p

      Delete
  2. Did some research:

    What I have is "garrison belt". Still 78 years old and looking great holding my trousers right now ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!

    I kinda regret I didn't inverit grandpa's gun, but MP came and took it away shortly after he passed away.
    I was about 15 years old that time so all in all maybe it wouldn't be a smart idea to leave a gun anywhere close my range ;-)

    ReplyDelete