Tuesday, September 22, 2020

KV-2 (work in progress)

This time heavy piece of soviet w.i.p. rolled in: KV-2 tank.

Looks like it's the beginning of the second Bolt Action army so I can play with my son when he gets little older (by that time I should have enough of painted Soviets for 1000 pts game).
I loved this piece from the very first look: this monster is just so clanky, unproportional and just silly I had to paint it!

I realised until now I painted only like 3 winter themed models so these guys are gonna be white. Dirty white. Whitish...

At this moment I am waiting for the supplies delivery so I can add dirt, snow and more dirt (weathering is just the biggest fun in the painting business), but since model is nearly done I thought I could spill the beans and share the w.i.p. shots from the eastern front:






4 comments:

  1. Truly impressive! You say it's not finished yet? :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naaah, it's just not coherent:
      top part is heavily used while thacks are just damn clean ;-)
      There will be lots of thick, disguisting russian mud + snow (for the contrast)! ;-)

      Delete
  2. Nice unfinished paintjob ^^

    Serviteur,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, trying not to keep the bloggy hungry ;-)

      Delete