Sunday, July 4, 2021

Neo-soviet NBC suit squad

Recently neo-soviet war bot has been painted but we all know without invantry support all war machines are easy targets for anti-tank squads, partisans etc.

I've been big fan of old EM4 / Mark Copplestone's models so while looking for proper candidates for pos-apo troopers I've check future skirmish line. Until now I've painted several gangs based on EM4 models and in my opinion they are just supercool:
not overdone, but full of character and oldschool spirit.

As for red stars these are decals from Bolt Action - I had 2 or 3 but thank to Marcin (4generals commander) I got enough of them for whole squad. Thanks mate once again!
Hope you like the final effect, now I'm looking for proper transport for da boyz:



4 comments:

  1. Lovely! I concur, they are not over the top, but definitely charming. Pretty nice work on them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers mate!

    I've actually spent more time painting these than initially expected. I've found it pretty tricky trying to paint plain uniforms anything interesting.
    Will try do better next time 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the dilemma with military figures. Real military looked dull. They're supposed to. But who wants a bunch of drab green guys?

      I think the gray NBC suits work well, they do help the figures stand out and give them a creepy biomedical vibe.

      Delete
    2. What you said 😉

      I remember back, back days when I volunteered for military service I was darn shock when realised all those supercool BMP-1 post-apo wheelers looked like crap from close distance. Just like someone put whole piece into huge pot of olive paint - really! 😁

      Delete