Monday, March 28, 2022

Land Rover Defender (Gaslands)

Looks like I am slowly getting my Gaslands gang finished. So far there's been Corvette and Nash so the time has come for something more beefy: classic Land Rover Defender. After that there's only single bike left and I think I'm done with Gaslands stuff. For now... ๐Ÿค–

Contrary to the previous wheelers this time I managed to replace all glass with mesh, so model could be assembled before painting. That made work so much easier! There's lots of space on the car to attach weapon system and upgrades, but all in all I added only dozer blade, engine block and roof gunner. That way model is still believable and doesn't recall Land Raider, Predator, Rhino or any other mooooooar-dakka!!! Warhammer 40000 crap ๐Ÿ™„

While painting the car was fun, working on the gunner was pain in the ass for me. I've painted models from different scales but when it comes to painting human (well... humanoid) figures I feel definitely most comfortable painting 25 - 28 mm scale stuff. Anyway - the result:




And 50-cans worth gang family. I still have spare bike from Implements of carnage upgrade set so I might also work on it if I can only find proper base:

2 comments:

  1. I love your take on such an iconic car. Fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like it mate!
    Tomorrow we're having another Gaslands match - it's just pure beer'n'pretzel fun! ๐Ÿ˜

    ReplyDelete