Sunday, July 4, 2010

July brings many changes

picture


Hey again!

Last week was busy. And I mean it - there were LOTS of things to do (not many of them were related to the hobby though) but somehow I managed to make it more-less safely to the Sunday.
So let's start!

Probably the biggest event was the fact I finished studies: final exam was on the previous Saturday but it was last Friday then I was defending my thesis. All I have to do now is waiting for the diplima. And of course start real estate valuation practice in October.
As I suspected it was strange feeling to go to univ for the last time. As I told to examiner professor I didn't think I might even think about missing that - but it's happening.
During last year I learnt lots of interested things and lecturers did all they could to make whole that law-shit as interesing as possible.
To thank them for everything I brought one of minis rebased on decorative plinth to exam - prof was pretty surprised when she discovered zombie model in a box ^^
But I suppose it was one of the most original gifts she ever recieved.
Text on plaque says: "For the first successful year of studies"

pic


But there was also something going on in painting field.
I finally started painting lord of chaos. It will be similar to champions painted before - apparently these colors lure Ebay biders to my auction.
And as bonus model will be provided with 2 bases: square 50 mm for gaming and scenic plinth for glass case. Here's the wip:

pic


Another success for assembling and posting basing tutorial #2: it was intended for Miniature Madness Magazine but since the zine wasn't eventually born I was left with some pics so I added new text and voila. Hope you like it and find it useful.

picture


And finally: 3 days ago I finally managed to get Plinth Country operational!
Thanks to priceless help of my bro site is working (more-less fine) so maybe this will be good way to fund my hobby bills. At the moment there are only resin plinths available but I want to add wooden to the offer as well. If you visit the site and spot any bugs - just let me know :)
The tutorial was even posted on the main site of Heresy Forums :]


picture


As you noticed I want use only models I painted so I decided to re-base some minis from my collection. I started with Hydra warriors - these deminiacs look much better on new bases and I think they are a bit more happy ;)

pic


Till the next time!!! :)

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with the Plinth Country!
    The site is looking good and I like the choice of plinths there.

    Good to know it's yours, so in case we need any plinths we won't need to look elsewhere! :)

    --
    Mahon
    Chest of Colors: All About Miniature Painting

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just hope the investment won't sink too fast.
    It would be nice to have source of hobby-finance...

    There will be more plinths btw - it's just a matter of time and sales ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Demi for you title ;) And I1m happy to see your new business running. Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Szary - as I will need lots of luck.

    But hey, thanks to this I will be able to put Valpurgius on the display plinth ;p ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm gonna need it - thanks!
    Now I can finally get proper base for Valpurgius... ;) ;p

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on getting the diploma, not having to do anything at the uni feels nice, doesn't it? ;)

    Good luck with the website too, stuff looks very professional.

    ReplyDelete