Friday, March 13, 2015

End of another Ash wastes campaign

Hey again,

This post is also slightly delayed: 
not sure is it because I had some more work recently or because that b!tch spring coming but I barely could made myself to sit down and paint anything.
Yeah, yeah - hobby should be fun and all but last weeks I am just fallen to pieces and need to be put together. Pronto!

Broken or not - there was something going on.

First of all we finished the Necromunda campaign about started last November. 
It was only 9 games (there are only 2 players, remember?) but I was lots of fun and excitement - especially during rescue mission and the last match when we rolled hive quake on treachous conditions chart. After the last game difference between our gangs was ~400 pts so further games wouldn't be much fun.

At least for those motherlovin' shit... eee... PITslaves, hehehe...

And below you can see the badass team. During the campaign I had lots of luck during post battle sequence - just check how many sprinters are there!
No sh!t, my rescue team was running circles around the pit slaves sentries when I had to save Deadeye, the only sharpshooter in the squad. During whole campaign I've lost only 2 or 3 gang members so below are only the best of the best.

My killers are standing like they're placed the sheet: starting with da boss on the left and ending with useless melee beast - Barracuda.


Deadeye - probably my favorite ganger, got new colors after coming back home from captivity safe and sound. It was painted when I was yet a student so it was high time for fresh colors. Besides now with some camo added it will be even more deadly than now!
There are some more scavvies painted long time ago so hopefuly these will be also rewarded with brand new colors shortly.


Another small victory is the lasy of Heresy blights finished. These models are definitely worthy recommendation - thank to all those little nasty details painting is just very pleasant process and with a little bit of effort you can turn these demons into something really eyecatching and unique.
The only "problem" was choosing colors - since these are creatures out of our world practically every colors would be ok. I wanted to paint this one black first (sth like black zombies in Diablo PC game) but all in all I used something more common.
Common among zombies that is ^^

With this rotting fella done looks like there are only 2 plague marines left + maybe beast or nurgle / chaos spawn to have whole chaos cult finished. That's a nice surprise - I didn't plan to suddenly have another gang ready for action but it would be nice start for narrative gaming.


And the last thing for this post - kinda blast from the past.
Last week I brought very old project back to daylight from the miniatures purgatory. Few years back I got some ork vehiclezzz parts and with no better idea I attached them onto the cardboard construction and voila: wheeled dreadnought.
There's no specific idea for colors but since it's already desert yellow I think I'll hit it with several layers of yellow glaze and make it Bad Moons stuff.
Just hope I won't get bored or discouraged just after painting tyres ^^


Over and out!

4 comments:

  1. Cool gang! And I didn't know that in Necromunda you could play a plague marines team! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    Well there's no official rules but I want them just for narrative play. I love oldschool models and simply couldn't stand watching them just being painted and starring at me from behind the glass... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great minis...and I love that building in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks mate, glad you like it!

    There's an article about building it somewhere on the bloggy.
    I am nowplanning sth new - photo background a'la orky building (you know, bright yellow, which you could see in old WH40K and Epic battle reports).

    ReplyDelete