Thursday, September 17, 2015

Lich Lord (not Lichemaster though) - review and walkthrough, part 5

It is finished! The paintjob is done!
Finally! That was traumatic experience and it's SO good to have it behind me.

As I wrote it the previous posts working on this thing was huge pain in the ass. I think the worst thing was assembly - that is model had to be painted assembled so manipulating was just very uncomfortable. Best example - banners. Painting them separated would be much easier and would bring better results than what you can see. I also didn't like sculpted sandglass and death - I'd prefer these banners plain or sculpted a'la Henrich Kemmler's apron - assembled bits of face skin. Really grim and totally badass!

As for the good things: all in all I like it, it's pretty striking sculpt which will surely pop out of infantry regiments. It's messy but I wouldn't expect anything cleaner from long dead evildoer.

What next?
Well in the meantime I managed to get some oldie Undead (heh, history made a full circle - I got rid of of core of my Undead army like 10 years ago?) and I'd like to build small, oldschool army, based on ~4-5 WFB edition models, or at least 90s' stuff.
Don't think that will be gaming but should look just cool in the display case.

Ok, that's it for now. Time to plan the overall shape of Undead army. And play Dark Omen!

And just to keep things more less tidy - here are links  to prior Lich lord posts if anyone's interested: part 1, part 2, part 3 and part 4. See you soon!





7 comments:

  1. Turns out to be an extremely cool model after all but it was headed this way from the start !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot, deeply appreciate that!

    No matter what it turned out I'll think twice before investing in another Gamezone model... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Niiice! What did you use for the water effects?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea artifical water with some yellow ink.
    Andrea stuff is great - I used is last time like 2 years ago? And it's still fine!
    A contrary to Vallejo water effect I had to throw out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks quite effective. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks damn good to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks!

    Dieter Helsniht should be another big 'un from the deaders.

    ReplyDelete