Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Slaanesh Warriors army project

A while back I had a little chat with my buddy about old Warhammer Fantasy Battle (Middlehammer frankly). It was overall about supercool line of models back days but mostly about f#cked up rules, which in my opinion made the game simply discouraging (I totally forgot about it until Oldhammer Weekend 2022).

My buddy mentioned about 6th edition of WFB, which in his opinion totally changed the game, made it balanced and simple - made if fun. 

So because of this stupid talking I started checking if my oldschool Undead army could be adjusted to meet 6th edition requirements. Well it couldn't - I need too many models... 😒

Buuut after browsing contents of pile of shame and display cases if turned out I am like 1000 points ready to start Chaos army. Chaos warriors was my very first army ever - it was really small: 3 units and 3 characters only which were sold long time ago. Since half of the force is already under my command I thought maybe it's high time to do the job right and finally gather playable detachment. It's Chaos so it's relatively small therefore whole army could get one large display base a'la Jakob Rune Nielsen's ubercool Khorne Warriors army.

Here's what I have in mind. Normally I'd choose Nurgle but since I have daemon prince done and some demonettes and fiends of Slaanesh waiting for painting, there'll be Slaanesh army: chaos warriors led by daemon. Sounds just f#cking badass! 😈

No idea what is it's battlefield efficiency though - I put there models from the glass case because I like them and the general rule is: if you like the model it should see the battlefield! Slaanesh magic number is 6 so tried to make most units 6 (or it's multiple) - models strong. Hope to make some minor changes to make 6 or 12 models in warhounds unit.

Standard (Chaos) [1,999pts, 7 Casting Dice, 5 Dispel Dice]:

Heroes:

Exalted Daemon [365pts, 4 Casting Dice, 3 Dispel Dice]
Selections: General, Level 2
Profile: Exalted Demon
Hero of Slaanesh
Selections: Master of Mortals, Sporofic Musk

Exalted Champion of Chaos [210pts]
Selections: Gaze of the Gods, Hero of Slaanesh, Steed of Slaanesh, Sword of Might
Profile: Exalted Champion, Steed of Slaanesh, Weapon: Hand Weapon

Sorcerer of Chaos [190pts, 3 Casting Dice, 2 Dispel Dice]
Selections: Hero of Slaanesh, Level 2, Power Familiar
Profile: Sorcerer, Weapon: Hand Weapon

Core:

Knights of Chaos [345pts]
Selections: Champion, Chosen, 5x Knights of Chaos, Musician, Regiment of Slaanesh
Armour: Heavy Armour, Shield, Profile: Champion, Knight, Weapon: Hand Weapon
Standard Bearer
Selections: Rapturous Standard

Mounted Daemonettes [180pts]
Selections: 6x Daemonettes
Profile: Daemonettes, Mount of Slaanesh

Warriors of Chaos [265pts]
Selections: Champion, Musician, Regiment of Slaanesh, Shield, 11x Warriors of Chaos
Armour: Heavy Armour, Shield, Profile: Champion, Warrior, Weapon: Hand Weapon
Standard Bearer
Selections: Banner of Wrath
Special

Chaos Ogres [234pts]
Selections: 6x Chaos Ogre, Light Armour, Two Hand Weapons
Armour: Light Armour, Profile: Chaos Ogre, Weapon: Additional Hand weapon, Hand Weapon

Warhounds of Chaos [60pts]
Selections: 10x Warhound
Profile: Warhound

Rare:

Spawn of Chaos [75pts]
Selections: Fiend of Slaanesh
Profile: Spawn of Chaos

Spawn of Chaos [75pts]
Selections: Fiend of Slaanesh
Profile: Spawn of Chaos

And here's my painted ~640 gold coins worth Chaos force. There aren't too dark but Slaanesh like vivid colors. Some close ups of Daemon are here while ogres - in these posts. Surprisingly the unit hasn't got group shot yet... 


Hope to see any progress on the project soon... 🤘🏻

4 comments:

  1. Great stuff. My regular gaming buddy likes 6th/7th ed Warhammer best so we play that reasonably often. I like 4th/5th - it's very fun - but some of the rules can be very frustrating (psychology...? units always panicking and running away - very annoying! The magic rules from 5th ed WHFB have never been better but they could admittedly be quite overpowering).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers dude 😉
    As for 5th edition I've actually never minded game rules but rather armies composition: those unbeatable characters riding monsters contrary to most ofter just useless "ordinary" units.
    Oh well - grumpy old me... 👴🏻

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've found myself in the same rabbit hole. I've finally pulled my finger out and decided to put together a chaos army that will hopefully be playable in as many editions of Warhammmer as possible. I'll be keeping an eye on how yours grows. Good luck! Maybe one day we'll meed on the field of battle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea!
    6th edition is the best edition and Chaos in that edition has sooooo many options!
    One of these options is having a Daemon Prince lead your army, but... if he's the general your core choices must be comprised of Daemon units. Mortal units like the Chaos Knights become Elite choices.
    Something to keep in mind! Have fun! Chaos is the coolest army in 6th edition. You'll enjoy playing your army!

    ReplyDelete