Friday, January 17, 2020

Daemon prince (Warhammer)

Hey again,

It took me bit longer to prepare anything worthy posting (longer then I expected that is) but I'm just so glad I can see it standing in the glass case finally.
The star of this post is oldie Daemon prince of Slaanesh. 
Or Khorne - model fits both options in my opinion.

As almost always there's a story behind the model:
this one is a piece I've seen in the very first WD I got back days, when Middlehammer was just on the top. New Chaos rulebook was being released bringing Daemons army.
Back days full metal army was totally out of my reach but just when the daemon gazed upon me from White Dwarf page I've been tained by Evil and knew one day I'll get it painted.
And that very day came just came.

Nowdays most stuff being released is hi-tech placcy.
Fuck it. That's just not my cup of tea.
But few months back I've spotted auction where someone was selling painted oldschool piece, which actually arrived to my place few days later...

Model was broken to pieces and spent quite a long time marinating in breaks fluid so whole paint came off nicely. Must say I was so hyped I finally got the model I didn't notice there was claw arm missing...
Too bad, because that piece is just sooo Slaanesh'y.
But that wasn't the only thing I've noticed while drilling and assembling the model again:
I've noticed the metal it's made of was just much harder to drill compared to metal models assembled ever before.
Did some research and it turned out the piece I got was most probably a recast...

I've seen recasted resin models on market but metals?
Ok, it's old model and available only second-hand but if it really is knock off the fuck who casted if could be at least decent enough to cast the missing arm as well...

Nevermind.
The model is painted and I am glad so see it done. There are still some Chaos models waiting in the bucket of shame, which one day might leave it and form Mordheim warband.





Scale shot:
this bad boy would a a BLAST in Warmaster game! Truely daemonic entity!


And just if anyone's interested: here's what complete model (arm!) should look like:


\m/

8 comments:

  1. Fajny diobeł, nawet jeśli podrabiany. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, always loved these figures, there were two or three variations I seem to recall. You have done it justice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you a lot, really appreciate that!
    True, there were some options of assembly but none of them contained overgrown armpit hair, which I had to greenstuff because of missing crab-arm ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a true classic! Wow, you made an outstanding job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers mate, totally agree 'bout the classic stuff:
    it's simply pleasure to paint them (DARK pleasure in case of Slaanesh stuff...)

    Hope to get and paint middlehammer GUO as well sometimes as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is so hungry he could eat a horse. Well,looks like it actually happened.

    The Fu...!? Hate recastings. I know it's the evil workshop, all rotten inside with money but everyone I think of someone putty so much effort sculpting a piece so a fucktard can just pour some silicone and cash in with (almost -molding ain't easy-) any effort just gets me on my nerves.

    I like how it looks more muted and neutral than the official color scheme but looks like he's craving for some contrast.

    \m/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that,

      Yeah - knocking off apparently became quite a business nowdays. Sad thing.
      On the other hand GW could prevent it simply keeping old models available I guess... :-)

      Delete