Sunday, November 8, 2020

Soviet assault squad

After finishing some fantasy stuff (Modred the Damned and ogre halfwits) we're back to witer front of world war 2. The big plan about assembling sovier army for Bolt action is still on, but I've just reailsed available infantry models, except for metal siberian squad and combat engineers, are quite poor... 😕
At least not my cup of tea...
So decision was made to take this project on slow, looking for models I like. Especially the idea is my heir one day will take command over these fellas.

In the meantime I've finished remaining 3 models which came with KV-2 panzer abomination. The plastic box provides lots of conversion options, just check the observer below. These should fit nicely any winter force (early winter - looking at uniforms).
What I wanted to achieve was nice shade of green for uniforms and winter bases. I like the squad alltohether. 5 models were painted a while back so their uniforms are more vibrant. But on the other hand it's early winter, they didn't get proper clothing yet... 😊



And the freshly painted troopers. I really regret there were not enough SMGs for all models, these are much more useful than LMG.



And the last thing: technological improvement!
Models are plastic, whch means light. To make transportatnion easier (and safer) I decided to put a magnet into each base - works just nice so far! 😁


Seeya!

3 comments:

  1. Great additional minis to your collection! Panzer Abo is fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers!

    Soon the red wave shall go west and clean stains of democracy!
    Mwah! Ha! Ha! Ha! Haaa...! 👹

    ReplyDelete