Sunday, November 1, 2020

Ogre mercenaries

Last month, after many years, the first of ogre mercenaries was painted

Now, encouraged by decent final effect, I finished his brother in arms (or maybe even true brother: skintone, flesh tone and face expression are quite similar...🤔 ).

The guys are suppose to be members of the same unit I painted them quite similar: fleshtone, metalics, hair. They should look really cool when the unit is finished and Vampire Lord should be able to make proper use of such a brutes.

Time to choose the banner for standard bearer...




8 comments:

  1. As always masterpiece! But those two green gems are the best "colour tint" on entire model! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks gal and guy! 😉

    @Paulina: Cheers!
    Was trying to get something eye-catchy.
    Looking at these fellas now I think I'll repaint white skull on the "breastplate" to steel:
    white is kinda odd... 🤔

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly brothers indeed! :D
    I particularly love how you treated all the textures. Skin, clothes, metal... The severed head gives me shivers. Really enjoyable work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks mate!

    As for the head I was thinking about pointy-ears while painting it 😁

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like metallics on the arm pad a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Demi, can I ask how you painted their base? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem,

      It was first covered with sand.
      When dried I washed it with mix of devlan mud, brown pigment and very little olive.
      After it got 100% dry base was drybrushed with bone / white. Veryslightly, just to makes some contrast.
      No big secret 😊

      Delete