Monday, February 7, 2022

Great Grey (Capitol)

While waiting for Warzone Eternal project to be launched I decided to bring another oldie from pile ov shame darkness to light: Capitol's Great Grey skimmer. Back days, when the first edition was still alive I've never seen in action but I accidentally got the model a month or so ago. I am no sculptor, so try not to judge others' greenstuff jobs (like: don't like it? No problem, but instead of b!tching about it grow some balls and sculpt better 🙄) but this one with no doubt is one of the most screwed up models in the original Warzone line. Actually the vehicle is acceptable but it's operator is just abomination. 

It's almost as horrid as infamous Imperial Barracuda... 🤢

But I have lots of heart for such pieces therefore I think every model deserves nice paintwork - no matter the sculpt. At first there was an idea to replace the head with closed helmet but all in all decision was made to leave it in original shape. No matter someone likes it or not.

As for the color choice the combo is result of mini poll I put on FB a while back. It's clearly based on "Flanker" color scheme. Pretty striking, especially over Mars-style base.

Hope you like it. Ladies and gentlemen, I present you: the war dolphin! 🐬😁




I do not like the way exhausts turned out - they were much brighter but in the end I decided to hit it with yellow filter and that's the result:


But I definitely like the scale shot. The Capitol skimmer below is either evading patrol of undead legionnaires or about to gun them down with on-board weapon:

6 comments:

  1. A solid job. It makes me want to sing: Baby shark. Na na na na!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant. A pleasingly awful retro model - you have done a great job bringing this weird model to life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers!

    After over 20 years in the hobby I've finally found what's my tru dirty pleasure... 😋😁😉

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, that's... quite an unique sculpt! That's for sure! No matter what, your paintjob most certainly makes the most of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks!

    And there's still more where it came from!
    Part of them are already being washed off...

    ReplyDelete