Thursday, October 24, 2024

Bane thralls

A while back I got unit of Bane thralls from Cryx faction to paint. These are models from the "new wave" - crappy plastic 😒 It's not that new actually - if I remember correctly these sculpts were released around 2013, but I am simply way back after whatever Privateer Press releases, since they started making plastic models. 

It's the very first plastic unit from Warmachine line so this post is also kinda review. 
What's my opinion?

It's crap.

Old bane thralls were so much better.

I know plastic is cheaper then metal, I know metal prices are much higher then used to be, but these models is unit of hovering crap and I won't mind using them as cannon fodder if we can arrange Wamachine match ever again. Too bad really - I used to be big fan of Warmachine back days.

As for colors I tried to use vivid colors - I know I should expect something else from spectres, but such candies are much more eyecatching on the battlefield, the these guys are only tabletop models. Painting them was pain in the ass and I just so glad to get it done. Bases are from Micro Art Studio set which I mentioned about the last time.

So here are the pics:

Here Squad Blue is about to rip part bloat thrall - Cryx mobile artillery:


And here Squad Pink is getting ready to dismantle Slayer helljack 😢 :


And some group shots. Deeply hope I will never paint any plastic model from Warmachine:



No comments:

Post a Comment