Monday, December 9, 2019

M4A3 Sherman 105mm howitzer


Heyah,

Not much motivates stronger to get the job done than painting contest. 
Huzzah! \o/

In the previous post I mentioned about the online contest I decided to participate in and what you can see below (and above) is just finished entry. 
The first entry actually, since I also hope to assemble and paint small unit (there're some greens I want to give a try and soviet infantry seems to be perfect guinea pigs).

Model below is plastic howitzer from Rubicon Models. I chose it to deal with zee Germanz nasty infantry, since it's much more reliable than Sherman T34 Calliope...
The model has been slightly modified:
it's been assembled with all hatches open, so in the front right I added crewman from the Hellcat set. I had to chop it's arms off to make it fit but he's allright now.
Doesn't need arms to sit inside and look around for new target...

As for color choice the general idea was to make it rather bright. 
Wasn't sure about adding the fresh mud, but last weekend friend of mine advised dirty models look more badass than dusty ones so here you go.
Among contest rules there's posting several wip-pictures so you can also see the whole process. Who knows, maybe someone can make a use of it:   




Finished thing - still on the painting station:





And some pics using vinyl background:







2 comments: