Friday, February 21, 2020

Cryx Seether

Last time it was Slayer leaving my painting station to kick Magnus' wooden arse, and now it's time for it's meaner brother to join the battlegroup: Seether.

Gamewise that piece is just badass!
It's way more deadly version of Slayer: runs for no focus points, moves (jumps) over obstacles, it's hate driven (whatever...) which gives it a free focus point every round!

I kept similar color choice to the previous helljack - really like that combo must say. What I do not like is it turned out I've applied too much chalk on the base which made wrecked Deathripper look like mound of dirt. Oh well' will try to keep that in mind working on the next member of the battlegroup.

I had lots of fun painting Seether and will probably try to paint one more, so if you'd like to include this one in your battlegroup just let me know - the bad boy is going to hit the market sooner or later. 





Till the next time!

7 comments:

  1. Lovely work on the Warmachine! I love the style of the figures but have never been too tempted by the game, despite its low initial model count.

    I look forward to seeing what other stuff you paint up for it though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!

    From what I know "modern" Warmachine sucks and has not much in common with it's Prime edition (which we play).
    But the game is just so dynamic - nothing to compare to GW stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wohoo, like this one better for sure. Weathering and blood effects somehow makes more sense now, visually-wise than your previous entry.

    I think it feels like plates have worn and torn texture to it, which sells the overall look.

    I also think it's a point, and I mean it, that the energy light is yellow now instead of green, or looks like so, providing more contrast.

    Still, and not sure why I prefer the looks of your warzone minis than those jacks. They feel less popping to the eye. Still I like this over the slayer (subtle changes) hands down.

    \m/ °∆° \m/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh, cheers dude!

    This one is Seether: mean bastard, so more blood, dynamics and worn armour was a must! Though I now think I should've painted smaller areas of chipped paint.

    As for Warzone:
    that stuff is still the best thing I still have to paint, it only waits for proper moment. Painting oldschool models is feasting so you cannot rush with it!

    Seether was painted for the next game, I really hate using unpainted models for wargaming ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Metal models rulz! Especially those from PP. They plastic kits are awful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, they f#cked the job about placcies, haven't they... =\

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very good paintjob and I really like the base ^^

    Serviteur,

    ReplyDelete