Sunday, February 13, 2022

War... War never changes...

I was actually supposed to paint something else but while digging in the Pile ov Shame recently this guy emerged to the surface so I decided to bring it to wargaming life.

As for it's story I got it few years back (cannot recall where) but the model ain't young for sure. If I remember correctly it was released yet before Fallout skirmish game. Back days I used to play Fallout on Playstation lots of time and was big fan of the game, universe etc. Still think Fallout series is one of the best games released ever. 
Anyway when the model arrived is was washed, cleaned, assembled, undercoated and then realised I have absolutely no use for it so few days later it was casted onto the Pile... 

Shame, shame, shame... 😔

And it's been just like that until the end of last year, when I started adding additional members to the neo-soviet generic warband. There are 5 infantry models at this moment, so the power armour dude is supposed to provide some heavy support. 
In theory they are the same scale but the new one is more like 28 mm then 25 mm which makes power armour even more credible - there's a neo - soviet locked inside after all! 😉

Must admit whole this creating generic warband is lots of fun. In fact I am planning to add several oldie Cybertronic chasseurs - they are MUCH more bulky compared to EM4 models but that makes them great candidates for steroid-stuffed androids. Hope you like it 🤖


About to deal with bunch of scavenging scums:


And Mr Powerman himself:





6 comments:

  1. Pretty cool! The weathering looks enormously natural, really nice job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very toned and nostalgic palette. The colors have the same vibe as first Fallouts. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers all!

    @Suber: yeah, I am also pretty glad how it turned out. The key was NOT using mud effect: every time I open the pot I get berzerk... 🤪

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bardzo fajny pancerz, sporo smaczków na nim umieściłeś ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dzięki,

      Cieszę się, że się podoba. Lubię dodawać takie pierdoły - dodają charakteru ludziokom 😉

      Delete