Sunday, July 12, 2020

Mechanithralls & bile thralls

Hey again,

It's good to be back among the living.
Among the dead actually - we'll see for how long...

Anyway despite huge amount of shit hitting the fan in the so-called real life 8 models has just left the pile of The Unpainted and joined the ranks of Cryx army: mechanithralls.

This is actually my second attempt of dealing with these steam-fisted necroheads:
back days I had some of them but sold them together with most of the army (duh!). 
But since we're back into Warmachine (I ed.) here, my casters feel just kinda sad without bunch of animated corpses running around, so here they are!

Painting is simple and rather quick (for my standards that is):
the idea was to paint 3-4 models same time to get the job done bit faster and still keep some painting level: after all nicely painted minis fight better!
Those two standing on large bases were supposed to be brute thralls (yet in 2014!) - unit attachment, now they're just ordinary rank and file troopers. Just bit more funny ^^

I think I still should have few more of these minis, hope to find 4 more so I can form 2 squads. Background is the new thing: there is a background, instead of painting desk mess.
Some people pointed that models look with nice background behind so I'll be testing it.




As for these fatties below - they were painted before 2013 (See? The proof!) but simply couldn't part with them: these sculpts are just way too cool. Besides I think they were painted in No Quarter back days - there was a tutorial about painting dead flesh if I remember correctly. Looking at them now I must admit I like that background more and more...




8 comments:

  1. Shit will hit (the fan) no matter what.

    The point is which side are you in? Hands down it's better to stay behind.

    Love the blues and the fleshy pinks, they go really well together and pop next to that 'dull' metallic.

    I'll dare to say metals have hints of ochre (yellow) so basically you hit all bases here.

    Glad to see fantasy stuff arround, the only down-to-earth stuff I wanna see around is you brink ok (as life seems desperate to ram our butts lately at constant basis)

    Stay safe 🤘

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers!

    Yeah, also like blue vs pink combo: not much realistic but looks just cool watching from above the game table. It's all about contrast after all ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Naked buts and bare bones? Where is the adult warning sign?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll show you the next time you dare to step into The Laundry...

      Delete
    2. Charles Stross references? In your Warmachine posts?
      How cosmopolitan ;)

      Delete
    3. Never heard about the guy before:
      is there something specific I should read? ^^

      Delete
  4. Still crying in corner due to only-plastic/resin warjacks for my Cygnar ;-( well, at least more of them are non-metal. sic!

    I love the way you're painting all variations of green. It's always smooth, with nice blends, ultra matt.

    How many models for WMH do you have left to paint?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for late reply - was on short holiday :-)

    As for Warmachine stuff there's 20-30 models in total I guess left to paint, mostly infantry but there're also some jacks and 3 casters... ;-)

    ReplyDelete