Sunday, December 27, 2020

Ogre standard bearer

Looks like it's the last model painted in 2020 so I'm glad it's kinda special:
ogre standard bearer from the best (imo) Warhammer period.
Two other guys were also painted this year (ogre #1, ogre #2) so in order to keep unit look coherent I tried using similar color choice: vivid flesh tone, metallics, similar style of bases.

It's middlehmmer / herohammer period model so banner must be paper - no doubts about it! At first I was trying to adopt one of orcs & goblins army book standards but then decided to make something less complicated but much more striking. 
These ogres are supposed to be corrupted servants of vampire lord so they should carry his colors, the same as undead chariot painted almost 2 years ago. I'm going to prepare similar army standard for main skeleton unit, so whole project should look pretty eyecatching. 
One day...

See you in 2021 I guess 😏




7 comments:

  1. Continuity with a 2 yo project... not bad. I like the pale, de-saturated look they have, it suits their anemic master! And the simple (but not simple to make look this good!) standard looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ONLY 2 years!
    My Warzone thing is still on for ~20 years 😁

    One day I gotta put my ass down and work on pics taking technic:
    in the flesh colors are bit more vivid and saturated, I guess the backgroud consumed part of it 🤔

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh, I like how he turned out!
    Haha, I agree, two years is almost no time for any miniatures project :D :D (I also have thousand of abandoned projects, haha!)
    Happy 2021!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No one else but fellow painter can truly understand that, not even wife or mother! 😋😁

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Cheers mate!

      Still gotta work on those pics quality 😉

      Delete
  5. I love it! I just finished painting a group of these myself, if you're interested, you can see them here: http://berserkerbladeblog.blogspot.com/2021/03/monster-march-classic-ogres-week-4.html

    ReplyDelete