Monday, February 26, 2024

Zombie dragon #1

After heavy battle another model just got crossed off the everlasting list of shame. Half-crossed off, because at this moment there's only unridden beast and I'm still looking for the proper rider. Painting this one took me much more then I expected especially given the fact it's the second version of this sculpt I've been working on. The previous piece was painted 10 years ago ( 😳😳😳 ) as contest model, but this time I wanted a center piece for Undead Army project - which I might even bring to an end yet during this lifetime.

There were some ideas about color scheme. At first I was thinking about "classic" green dead flesh but then I decided to use pale tone. Such color should contrast nicely againg base and hopefully - dark rider. Working on this one kinda drained me out so the rider has to wait and in the meantime I can finally start working on Hetzer from Propylene Foliescu.

So here it is: half-finished zombie dragon from golden age of Warhammer. Some more pics and some more babbling when it's done... 




10 comments:

  1. We love the diorama from ten years ago and the new dragon you're working on: the colour you chose is really creepy and that bloody mug is perfect. Did you splash the blood with a brush?
    Don't worry about the long times: in case you don't finish your project in this lifetime, you can join your army of the undead to have extra time! 😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. With a toothbrush - it's perfect combo with Tamiya Clear Red 🧛‍♂️

    As for the second part I must talk to local necromancer about my chances to come back as undead-painter instead of just mindless when Rapture comes 😋

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow, the skin is splendid, what a jaw dropping work! I can't wait to see it finished, this is epic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's such a nice model when you don't paint it like a big cabbage; your pale green is much more flattering!

    Mine is probably my favourite figure that I've ever done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Suber: oh, you flatterer! 😊
    Glad you like it but at least half of the job was made bu the sculpt - some models always look cool painted!

    @Von: cheers mate! I had a plan to paint it grassy green but as you said - flying undead cabbage ain't something my necromancer would like to ride on! 😋

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Warburton: thank you, sir! 😊

    @Pepe: jeździec się składa - będzie niestandardowy bo oryginalny wight został zagospodarowany gdzie indziej:

    https://demimorgana.blogspot.com/2024/01/mounted-wight-lord.html 😉

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job. A real centrepiece to the army.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Moja ulubiona figurka 5ed. Postrach mojej armii Undead.
    Łezka w oku się kręci....
    Coloured Dust

    ReplyDelete