Sunday, October 4, 2026

Oldhammer Weekend 2026 summary

Just like 4 lears ago I 've just came back from Oldhammer Weelend Poland. This time I was double motivated to move mu ass to the capital city by the fact, I didn't manage to go last year, and I had the Slaanesh Chaos Army painted especially for that event. Oldhammer Weekend Poland is always special thing. This time it was even more special for me, 'cause in the middle of Saturday Warhammer Fantasy campaign I got sick, puked twice (luckly for everyone around there was toilet nearby) and had to drop the last Saturday game and big battle on Sunday. Apparently Papa Nurgle didn't like me painting Slaanesh stuff... 🙄

But despite that, the even was pretty cool thing - for everyone who likes middlehammer era games that is. Just like every year there was painting contest - I brought 3 entries and the Bloodthirster / Daemon Prince brought me bronze statue in large model category. In 2022 Carnifex brought me the same prize, so I guess painting large models is my "thing". Not sure I was hoping for anything more, but other entries were just supercool, so the judges had tough job to pick only 3 in each category.

Chaos,chaos army,chaos lord,Chaos warriors,chariot,Gorkamorka,Khorne,Middlehammer,Necromunda,nostalgia,Oldhammer,orks,painting contest,RPG,Slaanesh,Warhammer Fantasy,chaos hounds,Daemon,demimorgana

The think I was waiting for the most was the Warhammer Fantasy Battle campaign. Thie time teams were made of 2 armies of 1500 points (good vs evil) and my Warriors of Slaanesh were matched with Lizardmen force. It was pretty cool experience to stand at the same side with Lustria's reptiles. We got our arses kicked by Chaos Dwarves + Empire team, won (by total accident methinks) Dark Elves + High Elves and that was it for my Warhammer gaming.

During the games I had some thoughts about Warhammer: no matted how much I like the fluff, artworks, models, painting models etc, gaming itseld is just fucking stupid. I mean 5th edition. I know it's the matter of convention, but that "herohammer" attitude makes painting most of army just necessary evil - if a single model mounted on large creature is able to wipe out almost every unit single-handedly. The army I fielded was painted for the display case and that's it, so I didn't expect much of them on "real" 5th edition field of battle, but still - 6 edition ot The Old World are much more player and fun-friendly. 

Anyway - here's what I brought. Army list is based or earlier Armies of Chaos box (the red period era):

Chaos,chaos army,chaos lord,Chaos warriors,chariot,Gorkamorka,Khorne,Middlehammer,Necromunda,nostalgia,Oldhammer,orks,painting contest,RPG,Slaanesh,Warhammer Fantasy,chaos hounds,Daemon,demimorgana

Chaos,chaos army,chaos lord,Chaos warriors,chariot,Gorkamorka,Khorne,Middlehammer,Necromunda,nostalgia,Oldhammer,orks,painting contest,RPG,Slaanesh,Warhammer Fantasy,chaos hounds,Daemon,demimorgana

Chaos,chaos army,chaos lord,Chaos warriors,chariot,Gorkamorka,Khorne,Middlehammer,Necromunda,nostalgia,Oldhammer,orks,painting contest,RPG,Slaanesh,Warhammer Fantasy,chaos hounds,Daemon,demimorgana

Friday evening I've manage to see some Gorkamorka gaming. I was pretty cool thing to see orky-junk staggeing on the battlefield. Must say I really regret I never managed to give it a try - all those vehicles bring so much converting opportunities! The battles were raging till the late night, but I've managed to see just part of that mayhem. Some pics below:

Chaos,chaos army,chaos lord,Chaos warriors,chariot,Gorkamorka,Khorne,Middlehammer,Necromunda,nostalgia,Oldhammer,orks,painting contest,RPG,Slaanesh,Warhammer Fantasy,chaos hounds,Daemon,demimorgana

Chaos,chaos army,chaos lord,Chaos warriors,chariot,Gorkamorka,Khorne,Middlehammer,Necromunda,nostalgia,Oldhammer,orks,painting contest,RPG,Slaanesh,Warhammer Fantasy,chaos hounds,Daemon,demimorgana

Chaos,chaos army,chaos lord,Chaos warriors,chariot,Gorkamorka,Khorne,Middlehammer,Necromunda,nostalgia,Oldhammer,orks,painting contest,RPG,Slaanesh,Warhammer Fantasy,chaos hounds,Daemon,demimorgana

Chaos,chaos army,chaos lord,Chaos warriors,chariot,Gorkamorka,Khorne,Middlehammer,Necromunda,nostalgia,Oldhammer,orks,painting contest,RPG,Slaanesh,Warhammer Fantasy,chaos hounds,Daemon,demimorgana

Chaos,chaos army,chaos lord,Chaos warriors,chariot,Gorkamorka,Khorne,Middlehammer,Necromunda,nostalgia,Oldhammer,orks,painting contest,RPG,Slaanesh,Warhammer Fantasy,chaos hounds,Daemon,demimorgana

Chaos,chaos army,chaos lord,Chaos warriors,chariot,Gorkamorka,Khorne,Middlehammer,Necromunda,nostalgia,Oldhammer,orks,painting contest,RPG,Slaanesh,Warhammer Fantasy,chaos hounds,Daemon,demimorgana

Chaos,chaos army,chaos lord,Chaos warriors,chariot,Gorkamorka,Khorne,Middlehammer,Necromunda,nostalgia,Oldhammer,orks,painting contest,RPG,Slaanesh,Warhammer Fantasy,chaos hounds,Daemon,demimorgana

What else? Ah yeah!
Friday night there was also Necromunda RPG which I definitely didn't want to miss! It was really cool experience to finally play some RPG as player - not as keeper of secrets. For the first time I saw "dungeon crawler" in action which was much better fun then I expected - ace work Rob! Some pics from the Vault:

Chaos,chaos army,chaos lord,Chaos warriors,chariot,Gorkamorka,Khorne,Middlehammer,Necromunda,nostalgia,Oldhammer,orks,painting contest,RPG,Slaanesh,Warhammer Fantasy,chaos hounds,Daemon,demimorgana

Chaos,chaos army,chaos lord,Chaos warriors,chariot,Gorkamorka,Khorne,Middlehammer,Necromunda,nostalgia,Oldhammer,orks,painting contest,RPG,Slaanesh,Warhammer Fantasy,chaos hounds,Daemon,demimorgana

And last but not least - some random photos of armies I've managed to take while I was there. Sadly I didn't see all armies - all participants put tons of work in preparing the forces and below you can see some examples: 

Chaos,chaos army,chaos lord,Chaos warriors,chariot,Gorkamorka,Khorne,Middlehammer,Necromunda,nostalgia,Oldhammer,orks,painting contest,RPG,Slaanesh,Warhammer Fantasy,chaos hounds,Daemon,demimorgana

Chaos,chaos army,chaos lord,Chaos warriors,chariot,Gorkamorka,Khorne,Middlehammer,Necromunda,nostalgia,Oldhammer,orks,painting contest,RPG,Slaanesh,Warhammer Fantasy,chaos hounds,Daemon,demimorgana

Chaos,chaos army,chaos lord,Chaos warriors,chariot,Gorkamorka,Khorne,Middlehammer,Necromunda,nostalgia,Oldhammer,orks,painting contest,RPG,Slaanesh,Warhammer Fantasy,chaos hounds,Daemon,demimorgana

Chaos,chaos army,chaos lord,Chaos warriors,chariot,Gorkamorka,Khorne,Middlehammer,Necromunda,nostalgia,Oldhammer,orks,painting contest,RPG,Slaanesh,Warhammer Fantasy,chaos hounds,Daemon,demimorgana

Chaos,chaos army,chaos lord,Chaos warriors,chariot,Gorkamorka,Khorne,Middlehammer,Necromunda,nostalgia,Oldhammer,orks,painting contest,RPG,Slaanesh,Warhammer Fantasy,chaos hounds,Daemon,demimorgana

Chaos,chaos army,chaos lord,Chaos warriors,chariot,Gorkamorka,Khorne,Middlehammer,Necromunda,nostalgia,Oldhammer,orks,painting contest,RPG,Slaanesh,Warhammer Fantasy,chaos hounds,Daemon,demimorgana

Chaos,chaos army,chaos lord,Chaos warriors,chariot,Gorkamorka,Khorne,Middlehammer,Necromunda,nostalgia,Oldhammer,orks,painting contest,RPG,Slaanesh,Warhammer Fantasy,chaos hounds,Daemon,demimorgana

Chaos,chaos army,chaos lord,Chaos warriors,chariot,Gorkamorka,Khorne,Middlehammer,Necromunda,nostalgia,Oldhammer,orks,painting contest,RPG,Slaanesh,Warhammer Fantasy,chaos hounds,Daemon,demimorgana

Big thanks to organizers for keeping the event alive! 
Hope to take a part in another edition of Oldhammer Weekend Poland in the future - with better heatlh condition 😷
Nurgle be praised!

No comments:

Post a Comment