Monday, December 5, 2022

Skeleton guard

A while back a friend of mine asked me about stuff I paint. One thing led to another and in the end I agreed to paint another souvenir piece. Ho! Ho! Ho! 🎅

So deader below is simple rank and file piece from Wargames Factory, equipped and armed to fit bronze age setting. It's was fun to get it done - painting skeletons is always fun actually. The lean back pose was kinda accident at work. To get paints set faster I used hairdryer but I put it for bit to long and bit too close and suddenly model started bending. But the pose turned out just so natural I might give it a try while assembling / painting more deaders.

Merry Deadcember! 💀





PS. I gotta get myself brighter backdrop - this one seems to suck colors of the picture... 😒

8 comments:

  1. Very vital to be a Bronze Age undead!
    The pose of the skeleton is really natural, especially compared to the inclined stone of the base: one of the (rare, at least for us) times in which a mistake improves the final result...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, so true!
    And he's vital because of very effective use of necromantic magic in the area 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ładny, jakby się niedawno spod ziemi wykopał.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dzięki, to w dużej mierze zasługa suchych pigmentów:
    wycieram tym model przed ostatecznym lakierowaniem tak, że po wyschnięciu wygląda na taki "zapylony".
    I to nie tylko ze względu na słabą jakoś zdjęcia 😁

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely piece! The subdued colours work perfectly and it's quite a bossy fella! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks ace! I agree, the pose turned out great! And yes, painting skeletons is always fun and relaxing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bardzo elegancko ziemisty i spatynowany. Backdrop bym zostawił, odessane kolory są spoko :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanx ya all!
    There's more here it came from 😉

    ReplyDelete