Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Mechanithralls (Cryx)

So after getting chariot #2 and chariot #3 done for Middlehammer Undead army I decided to take a short break from Warhammer and painted some deaders for Warmachine... πŸ€ͺ

A short while back we were talking about metal Warmachine models and that brought the conclusion it was just supercool game: fast, dynamic and unpredictable. So decision was made right away to take old models for a walk.
I really like Cryx helljacks but as in any other wargame it's large infantry units what makes army look great on the battlefield. And mechanithralls fit this role very well:
-    reliable,
-    dead,
-    hitting hard,
-    dead,
-    cheap,
-    did I mention dead? 

About 2 years ago half of mechanithralls I possess was painted, but for the coming game I need some more cannon fodder so another has just been prepared. These are deaders so painting wasn't complicated: for flesh you can use almost any color and as for metal elements - anything fits. I chose rust because itΔ…s quick, easy and looks nice from the distance.

So here they are, ready to spread death and destruction in the name of Toruk!


Nekkid necro-butts!!! 😱


Whole machinethralls family. You can see 2 converted brute thralls in the mob. I have another one used for No Quarter Magazine painting challenge, but I consider dismantling contest piece to make thralls gaming pieces again.


And the 25 pts force prepared to kick some steel Khador butts next week! πŸ’€

  

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic work on the undead gribblies!

    They'd make rather good additions to a classic Dark Legion force too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bah!
      My nepharites wouldn't stand different bases under their undead minions! πŸ˜πŸ˜‰

      Delete