Monday, October 17, 2022

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Oldhammer Weekend fever has went away. Must admit first thing painted after the event would be something Undead related, but surprisingly - something else was found on the bottom of the Pile of Shame. Funny thing speaking of this actually:
every time I take a look into the Pile I am wondering whether or not I can paint it before I die, or which models will be left untouched even by undercoat mist. Pretty creepy 💀

Back to the point.
Model I chose is larce scale (1/35?) post-apo inspired character. The moment I took a look on the sculpt and I had that S.T.A.L.K.E.R. sign glowing with sick green light in my mind. Sculpt itself is fragile and very detailed - it's one of those sculpts which are just fun to work with from the very beginning.

It's not gaming model, so I gave it fancy display base. I like when miniature tells some story: 
I imagine it patrolling perilous wastes after nuclear war. Or something. 
Like "Fallout" but during winter.
Nuclear winter...









10 comments:

  1. Wow, that's pretty impressive. I love the colours and tones, but I guess he should watch his step!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers guys! 😊

    @Sub: yeah, he definitelly should! In the grim, post-nuclear-holocaus future there is only cold and rad-bugz which can easily bite off your leg! 🦟

    ReplyDelete
  3. Świetny. Czuć klimat, a uszkodzenia wyszły bardzo dobrze.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pfff! Jakie tam uszkodzenia?!? 🙄
    Ziom ma mniej złachane ciuchy ode mnie!

    😁

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic! So bleak and atmospheric... I can feel the cold, ashy environment. And then that grub thing coming out? Eek!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehehe, cheers Allison!

    Well it is said that eating worms is solution for starvation problems in the near future... 🤢😁

    ReplyDelete
  7. Czerwień i połysk robala świetnie kontrastuje z matową śnieżystością wszystkiego innego. Dobra robota.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Takie było założenie - miała być jeszcze krew na śniegu ale bez jakiejś padliny to byłoby mało przekonujące.
      Mam jeszcze jednego w tym stylu i myślę że będzie brodził w jakimś radioaktywnym błocie czy coś. Jak już doczytam "Ołowiany świt" to może się na coś zdecyduję 😎

      Delete