Sunday, November 6, 2022

Undead army wyvern #1

October was pretty fuc#ing busy month.
I had it all planned but unexpected load of work from real life pushed away whole painting I was hoping to finish. Life's a b!tch, but apparently that's nothing but yesterday news 🙄

Hoping to get on track again.

So after returning from this year's Oldhammer Weekend I decided to add some more models to the Undead army. Not that I expect to start playing Warhammer Fantasy Battle on regular basis (or playing it at all...), but working on fantasy themed stuff is just fun: 
lots of colors and lots of ideas contrary to Bolt Action armies for example.

During Oldhammer Weekend it turned out my army was pretty lousy. I sure liked all models but it was just way too slow for any attempt of offensive play. Most of armies I've seen there were led by badass general mounted or even more badass monster: dragon, manticore or such thing. I know it's Herohammer, but general on dragon is just too much for my taste.

So while digging through pile of shame graveyard I found old serpentine dragon
I remember I got my copy like 8-10 years ago and I really liked the model until it arrived. After I put my dirty hands on it suddenly I had no idea what to do with it. Tried to assemble and paint it but there was no painting mojo anymore so it ended up on the top of pile of shame...

...until I came back from the mentioned Oldhammer Weekend. Driven by Warhammer frenzy started looking for proper mount for wight lord. And tt was perfect: old dragon models were much smaller compared to modern dumb as fu#k placcy monstrocities so it was great candidate for winged nightmare of wyvern.

There was only problem: dragons have 4 legs but wyverns have only 2... 
But on the other hand there's no problem which cannot be solved with brutal strength and wallpaper knife. Quick surgery supported by Doctor Dremel and suddenly Undead army got frying monster to command!
To make rider fit the mount even better (and to hide all post-surgery grievious wounds...) I made simple saddle and model was ready for painting. As for color choice I used trusty color combo. The beast is part of Undead army so it got blue tones instead of green - like it's younger cousin serving the green horde.

The base is pretty busy but large bases are perfect places to dump incomplete models, spare bits and other junk from the bottom of the bitz box. Judge for yourself. 




Next stop: wight lord riding that beast and I can move to another post-apo themed piece.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Demi! Your Wyvern looks good :) Nice add to your Undead army. Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow, what a monster! It's quite an impressive model, but your paintjob takes it to another level. Can't wait to see the Wight Lord and the whole thing completed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jest uroczy. Jak na standardy nieumarłych :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Nico: thanks mate!!! 🤗

    @Suber: hope to get it done shortly as well! Hope to make final pics with infantry models stagerrinf around for the scale, so it should be candy 😉

    @Pepe: Ba! Na standardy nieumarłych wszystko jest słitaśne! 😋

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanx Kym!
    Really cannot wait to get the rider done - there are some other big models from Undead army waiting for painting... 😉

    ReplyDelete