Saturday, November 11, 2023

Chaos hounds

Painting this unit took me much more time then I expected (there are only 6 models ffs!!! 😡) but I'm just so happy I can finally see them in the glass case. In my opinion these are the best sculpts of chaos hounds and I kinda regret I never got opportunity to slap some paint on them back, back days when we used to play Warhammer 5th edition. Looking from perspective must say it was just crappy game, but it had tons of brilliant figures.

Anyway models were painted as part of display Chaos Warriors army project. Because it's Slaanesh army, I am trying to keep colors bright and warm (no matter I like it or not). Such color combo should look really striking on classic grassy green battlefield. Here they are:





While working on the unit I checked the rules for Warhammer 6th edition and realised I cannot have mounted demonettes in core units section. Apparently there was some bug in Battle Scribe or something. Therefore I did some changes and below is what I want to see painted for 2000 pts army (crossed out unit are painted and it's clickable 😊):


Heroes:


- Sorcerer of Chaos [310pts, 3 Casting Dice, 2 Dispel Dice]: Chaos Chariot, Hero of Slaanesh, Level 2, Power Familiar

Core:


- Warriors of Chaos [260pts]: Champion, Musician, Regiment of Slaanesh, Shield, Standard Bearer, 14x Warriors of Chaos

- Chariot of Chaos [130pts]: Chariot of Slaanesh

Special:

- Warhounds of Chaos [36pts]: 6x Warhound

Rare:

- Dragon Ogres [219pts]: 3x Dragon Ogre, Light Armour



Total: 2,000pts, 7 Casting Dice, 5 Dispel Dice


I know such army is just more then lazy painting option but I'd really like to place all painted units on a single army base. Placing more models would make whole thing just too crowdy. Now I should ask someone who actually plays Warhammer 6th edition if this force is worthy anything on battlefield 😁 I am pretty sure there will be some minor changes during painting process - dependable what models I can find in the pile of shame (or if I can find them at all).

6 comments:

  1. Lovely work on the hounds!

    I think I've got a couple of them still sat unpainted somewhere and I really should dig them out as they're really characterful sculpts and you've really done them justice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers dude!

    Those scales seemed to be pain in the ass to paint at first but all in all - wasn't so bad! 😉

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that's quite a nice job! Menacing and not over the top, I love your approach here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks you Sub!
    Yeah, these oldschool minis really help painter with the job - half paintjob is made by sculptor 😁

    ReplyDelete
  5. As usual, very nice paint jobs and go very well with the knights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sir!
      The army plan has already been slightly modified but at this moment dragon ogres are being pinned...

      Delete